Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching up with the Halls

Whew! Between soccer season and the holidays, I got a little behind!

Back in October, Mike and I took a trip out to Palm Springs to attend Kerrie and Ed's wedding - and got to see some old friends! We miss the Reiners and Carpenters! Looking forward to March guys!!!




Every once in awhile, Megan and Alexa say or do something regarding my dad that just blows me away.....last November Megan and Alexa were ouside drawing with chalk and they called me out to tell me about their pictures.....


Alexa's picture: "This is you and your dad back when you were four and he was still alive..."


Megan's picture: "This is you and your dad with his name (Richard) written big so he for sure will see it from Heaven..Mom are you crying AGAIN?"


After taking endless pictures for our holiday card I wasn't happy with, I settled on this picture. I like it because they look like such angels - not the girls who were trying desperately to make it back on Santa's good list in time!




In November, my dear friend Jody was diagnosed with breast cancer and in January I was able to spend some time with her as she recovered from her surgery. I brought my girls one weekend and the kids got together again for their annual photo :) Alexa is so cute with Mikey - she just loves being a "big sister" of sorts to SOMEONE! Megan spends most of the time with Jacob staring wide eyed at his whirlwind activity and laughing - encouraging him on!


We started the New Year off with a bang - Alexa got this pull up bar to practice her bar exercises....the following day after this picture was taken (and the first day back to school), Megan fell off it and broke her collar bone! Alexa's favorite pasttime of late is to re-enact exactly how Megan did it.....she's not deterred in the least! Megan's recovering nicely, but knowing her and her memory, it'll scar her for life about doing physical things and we'll never hear the end of it....



With that, consider yourself caught up! :)

No comments: